From: Matthew Thode <mthode@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Hardened stage3 tarballs
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2011 21:07:14
1 On Mon, 06 Jun 2011 16:38:06 -0400
2 Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On 06/06/2011 03:54 PM, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
5 > >
6 > > The last one now is of 20110602, which is fairly recent.
7 > >
8 > > The autobuilds are not always created successfully. Updates on
9 > > compilers or other toolchain changes might affect build successes.
10 > > When these builds fail, they are not propagated so you'll have to
11 > > "wait" a week (if you desperately need a build that's more recent
12 > > than a few weeks old). Considering that Gentoo is a rolling upgrade
13 > > distribution, working from a month-old stage is not an issue. Even
14 > > several months old isn't an issue.
15 > >
16 > > Wkr,
17 > > Sven Vermeulen
18 >
19 > That makes sense.
20 >
21 > What's the difference between autobuild/stage3-foo and
22 > current-stage3/stage3-foo? I've always looked in current-stage3 in the
23 > past (I think this is where the handbook taught me to look so long
24 > ago).
27 I do not think there is a difference.