From: Chris Richards <gizmo@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] SELinux policy module packages
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 20:27:13
1 On 02/12/2011 02:03 PM, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
2 > Indeed; however I couldn't find a post or something that reflects that we
3 > are indeed trying to following the upstream module naming. For instance, the
4 > packages selinux-acpi (mod=apm), selinux-courier-imap (mod=courier),
5 > selinux-cyrus-sasl (mod=sasl), selinux-desktop (various mods), selinux-ftpd
6 > (mod=ftp), selinux-gnupg (mod=gpg) and more all don't follow this logic,
7 > even though I see no reason why they don't (except for the selinux-desktop
8 > one).
9 >
10 > It looked/looks like those packages rather follow the Gentoo package names
11 > instead of the SELinux module.
12 I rather suspect that, since PeBenito was basically the only one working
13 on that stuff, he probably named them according to what seemed
14 appropriate for that specific module. Obviously, with more of us
15 working on the project now we need a somewhat more formal declaration,
16 so it is quite appropriate to bring the subject up.
17 > Actually, I'm rather hoping that if everyone agrees on the guideline that
18 > SELinux policy packages are called "selinux-<modname>" with<modname> being
19 > the policy name used by the reference policy, that we can use that as well
20 > in the Gentoo Hardened SELinux Policy document [1].
21 +1
22
23 Later,
24 Chris