From: "Tóth Attila" <atoth@××××××××××.hu>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Disappearing root on 2.6.36-hardened-r6 upgrade
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2011 15:03:01
1 I'd like to give a feedback regarding the crashes I've reported.
2 I transferred my system to my spare laptop (exactly the same model). I
3 haven't experienced any hangups or file systems problems so far, using the
4 same kernel (hardened-sources-2.6.36-r7) and performing the same tasks -
5 including a regular weekly upgrade (at least xulrunner).
6 That drives me to the direction, that it may be possible, that my problems
7 were caused by some sort of hardware glitch. I would rather repair my
8 laptop rather than ordering another spare device. Since there were no
9 problems running memtest for 12+ hours, I suspect some problems with
10 either the CPU or the motherboard. Replacing the motherboard lays beyond
11 my resources, so I'll replace the CPU. That is pretty convenient,
12 especially because I have a spare CPU in my drawer.
13
14 What would you guys suggest to test the system with besides emerging
15 qt-gui? Are there any memtest equivalent for checking the CPU?
16
17 Thx:
18 Dw.
19 --
20 dr Tóth Attila, Radiológus, 06-20-825-8057
21 Attila Toth MD, Radiologist, +36-20-825-8057
22