From: Jason Zaman <jason@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] denied RWX mmap by layman
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2014 15:51:40
1 On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 7:43 PM, Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > On 06/07/2014 08:55 PM, Anthony G. Basile wrote:
4 > >
5 > > When running with a pax kernel, you must enable EMUTRAMP in your Kconfig
6 > > and you must paxmark your python exe's with E. Note: EMUTRAMP is on by
7 > > default and the ebuild automatically does the markings for you, so leave
8 > > the defaults alone.
11 > Can linux-info.eclass be used to spit out a warning during a python emerge?
12 >
13 > This,
14 >
15 > use hardened && CONFIG_CHECK+=" ~CONFIG_PAX_EMUTRAMP"
16 >
17 > seems like a common pattern. With a little more ingenuity we can
18 > probably have it check the running/installed kernel and not the USE flag.
21 Where did the "Gentoo Linux" option in the kernel config disappear?
22 the one that had the
23 openrc / systemd options among other things.
24
25 Could we just add an option in there that will force EMUTRAMP for the
26 hardened-sources?
27
28 -- Jason