From: Michael Atighetchi <matighet@×××.com>
To: Andy Dustman <adustman@×××××××××.edu>
Cc: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] LiveCD install oddity
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 19:58:03
1 On Mon, Mar 01, 2004 at 02:39:37PM -0500, Andy Dustman wrote:
2 > On Mon, 2004-03-01 at 14:33, Dan Podeanu wrote:
3 > > I assume the issue is related to the video card going to power saving mode
4 > > due to the console not being actually used while the system is bootstraped.
5 > >
6 > > Try keeping the console live by pressing a key or moving the mouse every
7 > > 5-10 minutes.
8 >
9 > It's not, tried that after the nth time of it not working (wedged a
10 > spoon or something in the keyboard).
11
12 We got around this by pipeing the output to a file and tailing
13 the file from another console.
16 matighet@×××.com BBN Technologies
19 gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list