From: bob@××××××××.com
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] Don't kill hardened yet - Porting the patch forward is complete
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2017 14:10:48
1 Hello Everyone,
2 I just heard that gentoo-hardened will be scrapped by end-of-month.
3 Well, I have some good news - it doesn't have to be. A project has risen
4 up to continue supporting the patch on future kernels and I have been
5 running it successfully for over a month with the stock hardened
6 profile.
7
8 You can download the patches here, they are also GPG signed:
9 https://github.com/minipli/linux-unofficial_grsec/releases
10
11 So-called "linux-hardened project (KSPP)" and "SELinux" do not even
12 slightly compare at their current stage of development in terms of
13 kernel hardening and PaX protection. In the mid-term, I would recommend
14 using these forward patches for hardened-LTS 4.9.x and hope
15 Gentoo-hardened will continue for awhile longer while we wait for
16 further improvements.
17
18 Thank you for your time and concern.