From: 7v5w7go9ub0o <7v5w7go9ub0o@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] Re: Tips for upgrading to the current stable gentoo hardened?
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 23:02:46
1 On 06/28/11 17:42, 7v5w7go9ub0o wrote:
4 > IF anyone can point me to current documentation about building a
5 > hardened box (which should include the make.conf and other hardened
6 > settings), please post it here.
7
8 I just dropped by #gentoo-hardened on irc.freenode.net and asked about
9 instructions for building, and for migration (upgrading).
10
11 FWICT the instructions for building a hardened box are not quite yet
12 incorporated into the Gentoo handbook. However, thanks to Klondike, I
13 was quickly directed to:
14
15 <http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/hardened/hardenedfaq.xml#hardenedprofile>
16
17 which pretty-well describes the migration process.
18
19 (Note the "eselect profile list" step, which switches to the hardened
20 profile - necessary before recompiling stuff.)