From: "Tóth Attila" <atoth@××××××××××.hu>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Disappearing root on 2.6.36-hardened-r6 upgrade
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2011 18:41:02
1 I see. Now I fired up my spare notebook and transferred the system in the
2 mean time. :P
3
4 I'm currently suffering of crashes occuring while I'm transcoding a
5 scientific event's DVD content. It became very frustrating.
6
7 Would it be possible that the CPU itself is actually failing (opcode 0000)?
8 The temperature is absolutely within normal limits even during heavy
9 usage, so I'm sure it's not because of overheating. It's a Pentium M
10 1.8Ghz, and the notebook's fan is OK.
11
12 I'll give vanilla a spin, nevertheless. How I could get closer to the
13 failing code in case of a kernel problem? Are there any useful suggestions
14 - besides changing architecture (which is not possible at the moment)?
15
16 Thanks:
17 Dw.
18 --
19 dr Tóth Attila, Radiológus, 06-20-825-8057
20 Attila Toth MD, Radiologist, +36-20-825-8057
21