From: lists@×××.org
To: gentoo-hardened@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] The state of ebuild signing in portage
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 14:48:49
1 On Thu, 24 Apr 2003, Joshua Brindle wrote:
2
3 > there is no easy way since the only way cvs knows to allow/disallow commits is
4 > by permissions, we use permissions but they aren't fine grained, ie: everyone
5 > who has access to commit any package can commit to all of them. This is a lot
6 > better anyway since we have to be able to add new packages, do quick bumps
7 > on packages we don't necessarilly maintain, etc. Obviously if a dev is abusing
8 > we'll have records of what was commited and where and be able to take care
9 > of that.
10
11 I maintained a CVS repository at my old workplace.
12 By taking advantage of the CVS passwd file, I was able to both avoid authenticating with local users, *and* allow arbitrarily fine-grained access to the repository.
13
14 If you think it would be useful, I could sketch out our permission scheme. It wasn't terribly complicated, although it did result in creation of a lot of groups and users...
17 > Joshua Brindle
18 >
19 > --
20 > gentoo-hardened@g.o mailing list