From: pageexec@××××××××.hu
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Re: Remove the pic use flag in the hardened amd64 profile.
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2011 09:30:06
1 On 1 Mar 2011 at 18:28, Anthony G. Basile wrote:
2
3 > > in HVM mode
4 > > i386 should be fine, amd64 should be dead slow.
5 >
6 > In my experience, both are fine. I run hardened x86, hardened amd64 and
7 > hardened amd64 nomultilib as domU. The host is OpenSuse 11.3. I have
8 > both KERNEXEC and UDEREF on, no noticeable problems.
9
10 now that's interesting, does the host have/use EPT (or amd's equivalent)?
11
12 > KVM is a different story, and I do see slowdown for amd64.
13
14 this means that the slowdown is truly specific to some kvm/uderef interaction,
15 not that i have an idea where to look still...