From: "Anthony G. Basile" <basile@××××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hardened] ipv6 on by default for hardened profile
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 12:02:24
1 Hi everyone,
2
3 We visited this issue during the first ipv6 global day and I asked the
4 masses: do you want ipv6 on by default or not. There was lots of back
5 and forth and since it was only a question of default, I left the status
6 quo, which is off by default.
7
8 But now the ipv6 pressures mount! Diego has made a good argument that
9 deploying hardened in an ipv6 only environment is a real pita. You
10 can't get the goodies you need to bootstrap into an ipv6 only
11 environment. With the growth in ipv6, I think it is time.
12
13 I'm alerting users so that you can make whatever changes you like to
14 ipv6 in your /etc/make.conf. In about 24 hours I will turn on by
15 default ipv6 on all hardened profiles.
19 Anthony G. Basile, Ph. D.
20 Chair of Information Technology
21 D'Youville College
22 Buffalo, NY 14201