From: Brett Johnson <brett@××××.com>
To: gentoo-hppa@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hppa] Ramdisk error and the mux board
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 22:38:35
On Sun, Apr 23, 2006 at 09:06:43PM +0200, Dieter Ries wrote:
> could you please describe to a newbie what that mux-board is, what it looks > like, where i can find it and how i can remove it? > That would be great! >
The mux board I removed was model J2092A. It has a giant 73 pin female DB type connector in it, and other markings like an LED with Mux Status, RS-232-C Direct Connect MUX. As a side not, while I was configuring the kernel for my system, I noticed the max number of mux ports was set to 16. I thought this may have been the problem since the MPD has 8 ports (even though I can only find 1), and the J2092A has an addition 16 ports, so I was looking at 24 ports total. When I configured my kernel, I set this value to 32, hoping that would resolve the issue. I just tried putting the J2092A back in, and I saw simiar problems. I am continuing to research this issue as I would like to have the Mux card installed, and I don't have a filler plate to cover the hole where the mux card should be. It is starting to look like a nice piece of Duct Tape may be neede to full the hole though :( Brett -- gentoo-hppa@g.o mailing list