From: Guy Martin <gmsoft@g.o>
To: gentoo-hppa@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hppa] Drop Java support on Gentoo HPPA ?
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 09:38:30
1 Hi all,
4 Basically, there is currently only a broken support for java on hppa.
5 As you may know, there are no useable vm. Afaik, only sablevm and kaffe are compiling.
6
7 There are several problems with those two :
8 - they don't really fit in the Gentoo versionning scheme that is used by the other vms like blackdown and sun
9 - they don't support enough java to run any decent app
10 - they are untested and may not even be working
13 For theses reasons, I would like to completely drop java support from hppa.
14
15 People on IRC were for dropping it but I'd like to ask more people.
16 Also, if it's decided to keep it, somebody will have to volonteer for this.
19 Thanks for your feedback !
20 Guy
23 Guy Martin
24 Gentoo Linux - HPPA port Lead