From: Mauro Maroni <mmaroni@××××××.ar>
To: gentoo-hppa@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hppa] Suddenly cannot open root partition
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 00:48:24
1 Hello:
2
3 I have the following issue: after a power outage, my B2000 rebooted. It
4 loaded the kernel, mounted the root partition read-only, but when it should
5 open it read-write I got the following:
6
7 checking root partition
8 fask.ext3: No such file or directory while trying to open /dev/sda4
9 the superblock cannot be read or does not describe.....blah blah
10 *Filesystem couldn't be fixed.
11
12 But the partition is good as I can check it, mount it, read and write on it
13 from an install CD.
14
15 dmesg shows the following:
16
17 break 0,0: pid=970 command='udevd'
18 Your system ate a SPARC! Gah! ....and the cow :-)
19 udevd (pid 970). Breakpoint (code 0)
20
21 The problem seems to be with udev. Any idea or workaround?
22
23 Thanks,
24 Mauro
25 --