From: Matthias Bethke <matthias@×××××××.de>
To: gentoo-hppa@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hppa] Samba problem
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 10:30:12
Hi Mike,
on Friday, 2006-03-17 at 15:11:53, you wrote:
> > | /usr/sbin/nmbd: error while loading shared libraries: unexpected reloc > > | type 0x42 [ !! ] * Error: stopping services (see system logs) > > hmm, ive only seen this when an app was built with -pie ...
No, no -pie here...
> > and samba is stable as well so this shouldn't be happening, should it? > > nope
Well, I compiled the older version and it's working fine, so it's not a big problem so far.
> > I'll also try > > the combination with a newer glibc---maybe if I can leave the box alone > > next weekend. > > dont bother ... there isnt a properly fixed version of glibc in portage for > hppa
Is there a current list of HPPA-specific issues for glibc? I'm not sure if I can be of much help as I'm fairly new to this platform (been using HP/UX for a while but this is my first Linux on it) but I've done some bitfiddling on various things from 6502 and m68k to PPCs, so I'd give it a try anyway. cheers! Matthias -- I prefer encrypted and signed messages. KeyID: FAC37665 Fingerprint: 8C16 3F0A A6FC DF0D 19B0 8DEF 48D9 1700 FAC3 7665