From: derek tracy <tracyde@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hppa@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-hppa] System Donation
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 10:00:28
1 I have been using Gentoo for a few years now and would like to give
2 something back to the community.
3
4 My family and I just got stationed at Quantico Va and if anyone knows
5 that area they know that house prices are through the roof. The new
6 house that we are in is not big enough to house my HPPA system that
7 seconds as a space heater :-) So what I want to do is donate it to
8 the Gentoo project / community. So if anyone wants an awesome HPPA
9 system the only thing you have to do is pay shipping or come and pick
10 it up.
11
12 The system is a HP J5600 Visualize it has a video card that I can not
13 get to work because it's drivers are closed source but it displays the
14 console nicely :-) The J5600 is a dual proc. system and has 1.5G of
15 ram along with 4 scsi hot-swappable drives. (if the person that wants
16 this system comes and picks it up I will give you some extra 18.2G
17 Quantum Fireball SCSI drives)
18
19 I prefer that Gentoo developers get first dibs but will not contest to
20 someone from the community getting it. I have been using the system
21 as a web / NFS server for my network at home and it never had any
22 hiccups and had an uptime a little over 2 years before we moved.
23
24 Anyone that wants the system can contact myself:
25 Derek Tracy (540) 548-8676 | tracyde@×××××.com
28 gentoo-hppa@g.o mailing list