From: Andrew Gaylard <a.gaylard@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-hppa@l.g.o
Subject: Fwd: [gentoo-hppa]
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 14:32:00
1 On 10/30/06, maciej_golas <maciej_golas@××.pl> wrote:
2 >
3 > I have 2 K-Class HP servers (K360 and K380). On both machines I try to
4 > Install gentoo 2006.1. The booting process goes fine, but I cannot
5 > find/configure
6 > a network device.
7 > I tried to:
8 > # modoprobe tulip, e100, e1000 ... etc
9 > nothing, device eth0 isn't created.
10 > When i execute:
11 > #lspci
12 > nothing is shown as if there wasn't any pci device (maybe this is ok, I
13 > don't know).
14 >
15 > When I try to boot any of the machines from network by invoking:
16 > > bo lan.0
17 > I've got error no -7 (no device found or something like that).
18 > Bu I'm pretty sure I've NIC board installed in the machine, the board is
19 > described : A3495-60301 HP-PB 10/100Base-TX
20 >
21 > Could you help me to solv my problem?
24 First of all, the K-class machines don't have PCI. So lspci isn't ever
25 going
26 to show anything. What does dmesg show?
27
28 I know many HP-PB boards aren't supported; perhaps this is one of them.
29 Anyone else know for sure?
30
31 Still, you should have the onboard 10Mb/s ethernet port, which is enough
32 to get the install going. But you may need to read this first:
33 http://lists.parisc-linux.org/pipermail/parisc-linux/2006-October/030385.html
34 Note that the line-wrapping is slightly scrambled on the web page.
35
36 Andrew