From: Guy Martin <gmsoft@g.o>
To: gentoo-hppa@l.g.o
Cc: pl001y@×××××.se
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hppa] Problems running "genkernel all"
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 09:24:39
1 Hello Per,
2
3 It looks like genkernel wants a valid kernel config that you'll have to
4 generate. I don't think that anybody uses genkernel on hppa. It's
5 almost not tested besides for livecd creation.
6
7 I really recommand that you compile your kernel yourself. Even if it
8 seems painfull, it's not that hard. If you have any issue, you can join
9 #gentoo-hppa on irc.freenode.net and there will certainly be ppl to help you out.
10
11 Honestly, I really don't feel like supporting genkernel for hppa. It
12 usually produce useless kernels or broken one for your model.
15 I whish you good luck !
16
17 Guy
21 On Sat, 27 May 2006 11:10:44 +0200 (CEST)