From: Dieter Ries <clip2@×××.de>
To: gentoo-hppa@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hppa] Ramdisk error and the mux board
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 14:35:46
Hi,

removing the MUX board solved the ramdisk problem at my HP, too, but i have
another Kernel panic afterwards. The 32Bit Kernel as well as the 64Bit kernel
(which outputs some strange pages before but kept running into the
ramdisk-error, too) seems mainly to work, but after

freeing unused kernel memory: 320k freed

it shows a message like that:

Failed to execute /linuxrc'. Attempting defaults...
Setting up filesystem, please wait...

after minutes of waiting i pressed CR/LF , and there was

Kernel panic - not syncing: Kernel Fault.

This error occurred with the debian-etch iso, because i was not able to boot
from the gentoo-isos, i dont know why,

And there is another problem., after switching the machine off and on again
after kernel panic, the display of tha machine said something like

PS /*I dont know*/
cpus=3333 ps=4

I removed the third CPU and it worked again, could you tell me whats wrong
with my Powersupply?

cu
Dieter

Am Montag 24 April 2006 00:38 schrieb Brett Johnson:
> On Sun, Apr 23, 2006 at 09:06:43PM +0200, Dieter Ries wrote: > > could you please describe to a newbie what that mux-board is, what it > > looks like, where i can find it and how i can remove it? > > That would be great! > > The mux board I removed was model J2092A. It has a giant 73 pin female > DB type connector in it, and other markings like an LED with Mux Status, > RS-232-C Direct Connect MUX. > > As a side not, while I was configuring the kernel for my system, I > noticed the max number of mux ports was set to 16. I thought this may > have been the problem since the MPD has 8 ports (even though I can only > find 1), and the J2092A has an addition 16 ports, so I was looking at 24 > ports total. When I configured my kernel, I set this value to 32, hoping > that would resolve the issue. I just tried putting the J2092A back in, > and I saw simiar problems. I am continuing to research this issue as I > would like to have the Mux card installed, and I don't have a filler > plate to cover the hole where the mux card should be. It is starting to > look like a nice piece of Duct Tape may be neede to full the hole though > > :( > > Brett
-- Frank Castle is dead! Call me 'The PUNISHER'!