From: Aron Griffis <agriffis@g.o>
To: gentoo-ia64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ia64] Where are the controller drivers?
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 19:04:43
Wesley Krasko wrote:  [Tue Apr 18 2006, 08:55:03PM EDT]
> Ok, so to start, I ran some decryption (perl script) tests for my college > proffesor on a number of campus servers and my laptop (my laptop runs gentoo). > Basically, my laptop doubled the speed of the fastest campus server, so my > professor is very impressed and we believe it is partly due to Gentoo (vs > Redhat on the campus Servers). So....he wants me to install Gentoo on one of > the campus owned IA64 boxes to run some more tests. I came in to do this last > night, but the IA64 Live CD would not recognize the scsi controller/drives. I > thought perhaps it is not supported (LSI Logic/Symbios Logic 53c1010 66MHz > Ultra3 SCSI Adapter (rev 01)) but found it odd that there were actually no > controller drivers in /lib/modules/kernel-version/kernel/drivers/ > Can someone clarify if this controller can be used before I attempt an install > again? Thanks.
Sure it should work. If the driver is missing, that's a mistake on our end. Specifically what livecd are you trying? What is the machine to which you're attempting to install? If you snoop /proc/config.gz after booting the livecd, what does it say concerning your driver? Thanks, Aron -- gentoo-ia64@g.o mailing list