From: Aron Griffis <agriffis@g.o>
To: gentoo-ia64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ia64] Where are the controller drivers?
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 19:04:43
1 Wesley Krasko wrote: [Tue Apr 18 2006, 08:55:03PM EDT]
2 > Ok, so to start, I ran some decryption (perl script) tests for my college
3 > proffesor on a number of campus servers and my laptop (my laptop runs gentoo).
4 > Basically, my laptop doubled the speed of the fastest campus server, so my
5 > professor is very impressed and we believe it is partly due to Gentoo (vs
6 > Redhat on the campus Servers). So....he wants me to install Gentoo on one of
7 > the campus owned IA64 boxes to run some more tests. I came in to do this last
8 > night, but the IA64 Live CD would not recognize the scsi controller/drives. I
9 > thought perhaps it is not supported (LSI Logic/Symbios Logic 53c1010 66MHz
10 > Ultra3 SCSI Adapter (rev 01)) but found it odd that there were actually no
11 > controller drivers in /lib/modules/kernel-version/kernel/drivers/
12 > Can someone clarify if this controller can be used before I attempt an install
13 > again? Thanks.
14
15 Sure it should work. If the driver is missing, that's a mistake on
16 our end.
17
18 Specifically what livecd are you trying? What is the machine to which
19 you're attempting to install? If you snoop /proc/config.gz after
20 booting the livecd, what does it say concerning your driver?
21
22 Thanks,
23 Aron
24 --