From: Wesley Krasko <wesblake@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-ia64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ia64] Where are the controller drivers?
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 00:54:24
1 Ok, so to start, I ran some decryption (perl script) tests for my college
2 proffesor on a number of campus servers and my laptop (my laptop runs
3 gentoo). Basically, my laptop doubled the speed of the fastest campus
4 server, so my professor is very impressed and we believe it is partly due to
5 Gentoo (vs Redhat on the campus Servers). So....he wants me to install
6 Gentoo on one of the campus owned IA64 boxes to run some more tests. I came
7 in to do this last night, but the IA64 Live CD would not recognize the scsi
8 controller/drives. I thought perhaps it is not supported (LSI Logic/Symbios
9 Logic 53c1010 66MHz Ultra3 SCSI Adapter (rev 01)) but found it odd that
10 there were actually no controller drivers in
11 /lib/modules/kernel-version/kernel/drivers/
12 Can someone clarify if this controller can be used before I attempt an
13 install again? Thanks.
14 --
15 Wes Krasko (aka [S@C].50, stopher, stoph, the stoph, stopherson, daho)
16 Fly Computer Dude Extraordinare
17 www.worldwidewes.com
18 AIM: taspapas
19 Latest Quote: "Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level
20 and then win by experience"