From: Wesley Krasko <wesblake@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-ia64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ia64] Where are the controller drivers?
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 00:54:24
Ok, so to start, I ran some decryption (perl script) tests for my college
proffesor on a number of campus servers and my laptop (my laptop runs
gentoo). Basically, my laptop doubled the speed of the fastest campus
server, so my professor is very impressed and we believe it is partly due to
Gentoo (vs Redhat on the campus Servers). So....he wants me to install
Gentoo on one of the campus owned IA64 boxes to run some more tests. I came
in to do this last night, but the IA64 Live CD would not recognize the scsi
controller/drives. I thought perhaps it is not supported (LSI Logic/Symbios
Logic 53c1010 66MHz Ultra3 SCSI Adapter (rev 01)) but found it odd that
there were actually no controller drivers in
/lib/modules/kernel-version/kernel/drivers/
Can someone clarify if this controller can be used before I attempt an
install again? Thanks.
--
Wes Krasko (aka [S@C].50, stopher, stoph, the stoph, stopherson, daho)
Fly Computer Dude Extraordinare