From: Corey Shields <cshields@g.o>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] installer/ releng coordination
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 13:51:50
Walter,

Please check out the current installer project page at:

http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/releng/installer/

If you can help out, hop on irc, server irc.gentoo.org (or irc.freenode.org),
channel #gentoo-installer

As for the anaconda port, I believe there will be some modules from anaconda
used in our installer, but nothing like what you see in the url that you
posted.  The problem with using anaconda outright is that it is an RPM based
installer, and we're trying to install a portage based system.   Plus, the
design of the official Gentoo installer (see the docs at the url above) will
be more flexible, allowing for automated installs, text based, graphical
based, etc..

Cheers!

-Corey