From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] version 0.3 of the Gentoo Linux Installer
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 05:00:41
Kannan Shah wrote:
> Congradulations on the new release, I'm looking forward to using it! > > Is there any chance that an install with KDE instead of Gnome (i.e. KDE GRP?) > could be included in the future? > > If no, then what are the reasons that Gnome gets more support from you than > KDE? > > I'll appreciate your response.
When the Gentoo LiveDVD is available (probably 2006.1), both KDE and GNOME (along with stuff like enlightenment, fluxbox, xfce, windowmaker, etc.) will be available. Only one could be included on the LiveCD for space reasons, and the person who build the LiveCD prefers GNOME ;) -- Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/ Gentoo Linux Developer Installer Project -- gentoo-installer@g.o mailing list