From: David Longo <longodj@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] Pretty Slideshow
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 21:58:28
1 I agree with you on that, but I think that in order to appeal to the
2 less...linux saavy, or to gain the support of those good with
3 computers but new to linux, I think a clean gui would be nice in a
4 different edition maybe. Maybe have on livecd for enterprise, cut and
5 dry automation, nothing special. And then have a livecd for first
6 time users or home users, that has a more fedora type install with the
7 slideshow and with a "What kind of system would you like?" I mean,
8 maybe I'm thinking of the wrong audience, but I always thought gentoo
9 was for everyone...not just those who need enterprise functionality...
10
11 -Dave
14 On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 13:08:10 +0100, Buttchereit, Axel (XLsigned)