From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] Catalyst spec files, and voice on #gentoo-installer
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 12:27:23
On Thu, 2005-09-22 at 17:12 -0700, Mike Rosset wrote:
> Hello: > > I have some quick questions in regards to gentoo-installer that were > not coverd in the FAQ. > > 1) I'm assuming you guys are using catalyst to create the > gentoo-installer livecd? if so I have a project I'm working on that > requires slight mods to the livecd. Are the spec files used readily > available? (I'm hoping its not highly customized with scripts etc.) . > Basicallly I need to replicate the gentoo-installer livecd but I'd > like to add the odd package etc.
None of it is available.
> 2) Support and helping out, I noticed testers are needed for the > livecd. So I can test out x86 and x86_64 and give feed back. But I've > noticed that the mirrors are not really update to date with the > latest snapshot. If there is documentation for where to find the > latest, please point me in that direction, or its quit possible I can > replicate the build process that depends on question 1.
If you're looking to help the Installer project, you might want to try their mailing list. This is a general catalyst help/support list.
> 3) I've been idleing on #gento-installer "nick starbuck" but I've no > voice. I'm not sure if this is intended to direct questions to the > mailing list. So if I have any questions should I just use the mailing > list? I'm not lazy but sometimes its more pragmatic to ask the odd > quick question on the project channel.
Did you read the FAQ? Again, this does not belong on this list. Try the gentoo-installer list. By the way, the *good* starbuck is a chick... *grin* -- Chris Gianelloni Release Engineering - Strategic Lead Games - Developer Gentoo Linux