From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] Catalyst spec files, and voice on #gentoo-installer
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 12:27:23
1 On Thu, 2005-09-22 at 17:12 -0700, Mike Rosset wrote:
2 > Hello:
3 >
4 > I have some quick questions in regards to gentoo-installer that were
5 > not coverd in the FAQ.
6 >
7 > 1) I'm assuming you guys are using catalyst to create the
8 > gentoo-installer livecd? if so I have a project I'm working on that
9 > requires slight mods to the livecd. Are the spec files used readily
10 > available? (I'm hoping its not highly customized with scripts etc.) .
11 > Basicallly I need to replicate the gentoo-installer livecd but I'd
12 > like to add the odd package etc.
13
14 None of it is available.
15
16 > 2) Support and helping out, I noticed testers are needed for the
17 > livecd. So I can test out x86 and x86_64 and give feed back. But I've
18 > noticed that the mirrors are not really update to date with the
19 > latest snapshot. If there is documentation for where to find the
20 > latest, please point me in that direction, or its quit possible I can
21 > replicate the build process that depends on question 1.
22
23 If you're looking to help the Installer project, you might want to try
24 their mailing list. This is a general catalyst help/support list.
25
26 > 3) I've been idleing on #gento-installer "nick starbuck" but I've no
27 > voice. I'm not sure if this is intended to direct questions to the
28 > mailing list. So if I have any questions should I just use the mailing
29 > list? I'm not lazy but sometimes its more pragmatic to ask the odd
30 > quick question on the project channel.
31
32 Did you read the FAQ?
33
34 Again, this does not belong on this list. Try the gentoo-installer
35 list.
36
37 By the way, the *good* starbuck is a chick... *grin*
40 Chris Gianelloni
41 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
42 Games - Developer
43 Gentoo Linux