From: Preston Cody <codeman@g.o>
To: Gentoo Installer <gentoo-installer@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-installer] Installer Design Meeting, Tuesday the 5th (yeah tonight) at 9pm EST
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 14:38:32
Gentoo Installer Design Meeting, Tuesday the 5th (yeah tonight) at 9pm EST
in #gentoo-installer

Appologies for the extremely late notice in sending out this email.  I
got totally sidetracked when I said I would send it.
We are having a design meeting to discuss aspects of a more general
gentoo linux system administration utility and/or ways to make GLI
work better for mass deployments and customized installs.
Among the things to be discussed are:
how to do imaging (if we should at all)
how to add roles on top of the architecture templates
how to deal with portage on mass installs (you couldn't sync on each machine)
how to update remote machines
how to rollback updates
.. these are just some of the many ideas we've thought up recently and
this design meeting is to lay a infrastructure down and develop a plan
for actually getting it done.

We will have a normal status report at the beginning and close with
open forum if it's not too late.
Hope to see you all there!
-Codeman