From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] Gentoo installer vs current installation method, what about later?
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 21:26:19
1 On Thu, 2005-10-20 at 14:04 -0700, Mike Rosset wrote:
2 > Honestly Michael I'm not bickering my request is valid, the installer
3 > cd cannot be reproduced this makes it a proprietary product, its
4 > closed. You might not have the need to modify the cd in anyway or
5 > reproduce it in another fasion, but I do and I dont mean just any
6 > livecd. My requirement was for it to be as close to the installer cd
7 > as possible. So you were right the first time, why cant the spec files
8 > along with the patch of Catalyst be released or atleast be put into
9 > cvs access for non-end user access?
10
11 It can be reproduced. I have seen several people that have been able to
12 produce a CD that is almost identical. As I stated before, your lack of
13 knowledge and willingness to learn is *not my problem* in any way.
14
15 We don't have public CVS anyway, due to resource constraints.
18 Chris Gianelloni
19 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
20 x86 Architecture Team
21 Games - Developer