From: "Norman Rieß" <norman@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] version 0.3 of the Gentoo Linux Installer
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 16:58:05
Andrew Gaffney schrieb:

> Simon Stelling wrote: > >> Norman Rieß wrote: >> >>> But see it with the eyes of a random Gentoo beginner. >>> You come to the "USE Flags" screen seeing some settings. You think >>> "That >>> are surely some nice settings. Otherwise they wouldn´t be set as >>> default". >>> But then you choose KDE. Now you have a KDE system with "+gnome >>> -kde" as >>> USE Flags. >> >> >> If people are not willing to read documentation, that's their fault. >> Being a >> newbie or a sysadmin++, it doesn't matter. > > > You took the words from my mouth. >
Right. But some WILL NOT read the documentation and they WILL create a crapy system. And then they WILL run to the forums. And guys like you WILL tell them to RTFM. And they will tell their friends what a crapy system Gentoo is and what jerks these Gentoo users are. Seriously give them a nice default system and tell them later in a nicer way to read how to extend the system. -- gentoo-installer@g.o mailing list