From: Eric Sammer <esammer@g.o>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] New class diagram and use case
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 03:30:50
Dan Armak wrote:
> Do screen definitions live in the arch templates, so that a FE only knows > about individual UI elements?
Probably and most likely, yes.
> If so, how do are the screens described in a > FE-independant way?
As XML which the arch templates are. Think of something similar to the way glade works for gtk, but much more generic.
> Or does a FE know what each screen looks like?
It has to since it has to be displayed. The view glue and implementation information is obviously absent from the class diagram. That is not a mistake. It's just that the view code / system will, most likely, be the most complex part of the installer. If we didn't have to worry about multiple UIs, multiple archs, changing steps and stages, and generics, we'd be on better ground, but that would be directly against our design goals. :) -- Eric Sammer Gentoo Linux http://www.gentoo.org