From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] New class diagram and use case
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 22:03:24
On Tuesday 03 February 2004 22:56, Nathaniel McCallum wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 15:56, Paul de Vrieze wrote: > > All I ask is for the backend to have a mode designed in that would allow > > the feeding of the install profile incrementally. That would mean that > > one could feed the backend an incomplete install profile and it would do > > what it could based on that. Also take into account that this install > > profile will not necessarilly contain all stages. > > As dan says in his email, we can still impliment this. However, there > should be no pause while building a profile. Pauses should only come > when installation has actually begun. Thus a complete XML file is > generated first, then the backend is called to parse the file and > perform installation (with or without pauses).
I find an after-the-fact interference idea to be quite unnatural. Another option would be to feed the backend two xml files which basically have null actions such that they complement eachoter. Such a solution however would be suboptimal to me -- Paul de Vrieze Gentoo Developer Mail: pauldv@g.o Homepage: http://www.devrieze.net