From: Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] New class diagram and use case
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 22:22:34
On Wednesday 04 February 2004 00:16, Nathaniel McCallum wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 17:03, Paul de Vrieze wrote: > > I find an after-the-fact interference idea to be quite unnatural. Another > > option would be to feed the backend two xml files which basically have > > null actions such that they complement eachoter. Such a solution however > > would be suboptimal to me > > I don't understand why this is unnatural. Could you develop a case > scenario what would warrant the pausing? Personally, I would prefer > hooks for user defined scripts (between stages).
That would enable powerful customization of the process while leaving the execution unattended (no pauses). However it doesn't fill the need for optional pausing between steps, because not everything can be done in a script. In particular, a user might want to look at what the installer's done and act on it. -- Dan Armak Gentoo Linux developer (KDE) Matan, Israel Public GPG key: http://dev.gentoo.org/~danarmak/danarmak-gpg-public.key Fingerprint: DD70 DBF9 E3D4 6CB9 2FDD 0069 508D 9143 8D5F 8951