From: Alan McGinlay <root@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] Gentoo installer vs current installation method, what about later?
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 18:54:45
1 On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 14:47:36 -0400
2 Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Fri, 2005-10-21 at 02:17 +0800, John Walsh wrote:
5 > > But I like the non-X liveCD (not the minimal, the Universal),
6 > > everybody has X livecd's and the simplicity and power of the
7 > > current livecd is unmatched. Is there no way of keeping the same
8 > > Universal LiveCD as is now for those users that prefer it? I mean,
9 > > when a system is down, there is no need to start X and have
10 > > open-office and x-chat, xine, mplayer, xmms, etc on the CD, but as
11 > > many tools as possible, like it is now to get it back up.
12 >
13 > Were you paying attention at all? I said that it will be capable of
14 > booting directly to a terminal. Even the current LiveCD can do that.
15 > Simply boot with "nox" and you're at the terminal.
16 >
17 > At any rate, no, there is no way we are keeping the Universal CD when
18 > we will have another CD that is approximately the same size on the
19 > mirrors and is a superset of its functionality. I don't like wasting
20 > my time implementing something with no real use.
21 >
22 > > ----- Original Message -----
23 > > From: "Chris Gianelloni" <wolf31o2@g.o>
24 > > To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
25 > > Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] Gentoo installer vs current
26 > > installation method, what about later? Date: Wed, 19 Oct
27 > > 2005 14:53:48 -0400
28 > >
29 > > >