From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] Amd64 Installer
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 00:17:46
Spencer Ogden wrote:
> 1) The boot process hangs on loading the sata_nv module. Using noload= > allows the boot process to proceed. But I doubt I would have access to > my HD > > 2) Sometime after init starts I get a Kernel Panic.
I had this same problem with my nforce4-based board with the amd64 minimal CD. There is a newer CD with 2.6.14 on the mirrors under /experimental/amd64/livecd/ that works for me. -- Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/ Gentoo Linux Developer Installer Project -- gentoo-installer@g.o mailing list