From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] New class diagram and use case
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 21:01:04
1 On Tuesday 03 February 2004 21:53, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
2 >
3 > ps. Further I am not convinced why in all cases execution needs to be
4 > performed only after the user clicked finish.
7 To show what I think would be more desirable in some cases is the following:
8 divide the install process into stages.
9 -first stage disk preparation (partitioning, creating filesystems etc.) config
10 -disk preparation perfomance && configuration of kernel
11 -kernel compilation && selection of packages to be installed
12 -package compilation/installation && Configuration of certain packages like X
13 -continue compilation/installation && effectualize the "X configuration"
14 ....wait....
15 -reboot
16 -post reboot functions
17
18 Note that this is incomplete (network config is missing), but I think that the
19 message is clear.
20
21 Paul
24 Paul de Vrieze