From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] version 0.3 of the Gentoo Linux Installer
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 21:16:40
1 Norman Rieß wrote:
2 > Hello
3 >
4 > Great Installer. I tried it right after i finished downloading the 2006.0.
5 > But i have a question though. I recognized that the use flags are set to
6 > "X" and "Gnome" (and so on) by default.
7 > Later in the "Extra Packages" screen you can choose other desktop
8 > environments or perhaps no x at all.
9 >
10 > Would it not be nice, if the flags are set after you choose your desktop
11 > environment or the other packages?
12 > If one chooses KDE as desktop the useflag could switch from gnome to
13 > kde. If no x11 is chosen, the flag isn´t set so "+X" either.
14
15 This is the same as doing an install by hand.
16
17 > Same thing on the "Startup Services". I can choose some daemons to start
18 > up, that are not even installed. I find this a little disturbing.
19
20 Well, it's not possible to know services will be available beforehand, so we
21 just give you a bunch of common options (along with adding custom ones in the
22 future). Ones that don't exist will be ignored during the install.
25 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
26 Gentoo Linux Developer Installer Project
29 gentoo-installer@g.o mailing list