From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] version 0.3 of the Gentoo Linux Installer
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 21:16:40
Norman Rieß wrote:
> Hello > > Great Installer. I tried it right after i finished downloading the 2006.0. > But i have a question though. I recognized that the use flags are set to > "X" and "Gnome" (and so on) by default. > Later in the "Extra Packages" screen you can choose other desktop > environments or perhaps no x at all. > > Would it not be nice, if the flags are set after you choose your desktop > environment or the other packages? > If one chooses KDE as desktop the useflag could switch from gnome to > kde. If no x11 is chosen, the flag isn´t set so "+X" either.
This is the same as doing an install by hand.
> Same thing on the "Startup Services". I can choose some daemons to start > up, that are not even installed. I find this a little disturbing.
Well, it's not possible to know services will be available beforehand, so we just give you a bunch of common options (along with adding custom ones in the future). Ones that don't exist will be ignored during the install. -- Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/ Gentoo Linux Developer Installer Project -- gentoo-installer@g.o mailing list