From: Revrend Oddball <oddball42@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] version 0.3 of the Gentoo Linux Installer
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 22:05:11
but this would sort of sidestep the entire point of gentoo..

from what i understand gentoo has always been about giving a user all teh
options and the documentation to learn and act on their own. if you do not wish
to follow this base idea then go with something else like suse or fedora.

the rule of thumb i have always gone with if i dont know what an option is then
i leave it the heck alone or read the manual to find out what it is.

its not like they make it hard to get a list of what the use flags are. Maybe
instead of making them go away simply make a to the manual on use flags. gently
suggesting to the user to rtfm but ultimately the idea is to read the
documentation.