From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] Gentoo installer vs current installation method, what about later?
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 18:48:15
1 On Fri, 2005-10-21 at 02:17 +0800, John Walsh wrote:
2 > But I like the non-X liveCD (not the minimal, the Universal), everybody has X
3 > livecd's and the simplicity and power of the current livecd is unmatched.
4 > Is there no way of keeping the same Universal LiveCD as is now for those users that
5 > prefer it? I mean, when a system is down, there is no need to start X and have open-office and
6 > x-chat, xine, mplayer, xmms, etc on the CD, but as many tools as possible, like it is now to get it back up.
7
8 Were you paying attention at all? I said that it will be capable of
9 booting directly to a terminal. Even the current LiveCD can do that.
10 Simply boot with "nox" and you're at the terminal.
11
12 At any rate, no, there is no way we are keeping the Universal CD when we
13 will have another CD that is approximately the same size on the mirrors
14 and is a superset of its functionality. I don't like wasting my time
15 implementing something with no real use.
16
17 > ----- Original Message -----
18 > From: "Chris Gianelloni" <wolf31o2@g.o>
19 > To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
20 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] Gentoo installer vs current installation method, what about later?
21 > Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 14:53:48 -0400