From: Bryan Quigley <gquigs@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] Succesful installation
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 20:49:45
1 I would try using the latest installer if you aren't already..
2
3 On 1/19/06, Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o> wrote:
4 > Rafael Barrera Oro wrote:
5 > > You are probably right.
6 > >
7 > > I have an Athlon XP 2000 and a VIA KT4AV Mother
8 > > i tried the installed choosing dynamic stage 3, and grp packages
9 > > it always crashes when it gets to merging the aditional packages,
10 > > unless an input/output error due to a "read only filesystem" pops up
11 > > first
12 > >
13 > > after the input/output error i always have to reboot since the system
14 > > stops responding
15 > >
16 > > i tried both installers found on the LiveCD
17 >
18 > Try fixing your hardware. When a filesystem suddenly goes read-only, that's
19 > almost a sure sign of a failing drive.
20 >
21 > --
22 > Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
23 > Gentoo Linux Developer Installer Project
24 >
25 > --
26 > gentoo-installer@g.o mailing list
31 gentoo-installer@g.o mailing list