From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] version 0.3 of the Gentoo Linux Installer
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 12:56:04
LinuxMan wrote:
> I agree with Norman, why show something if it's not relevant. It just > confuses things. Shouldn't be to hard to comment out un-related options > based on the users previous input.
Because the installer has no way to know what isn't relevant. While we could hardcode the services that every package in the tree at the time of the snapshot offers and display them if that package is selected to be emerged, that's just kinda dumb. Also, this wouldn't cover the case of people using an up-to-date tree. -- Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/ Gentoo Linux Developer Installer Project -- gentoo-installer@g.o mailing list