From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] Some suggestings....
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2006 01:37:28
1 Bryan Quigley wrote:
4 > On 1/2/06, *Andrew Gaffney* <agaffney@g.o
5 > <mailto:agaffney@g.o>> wrote:
6 >
7 > Bryan Quigley wrote:
8 > > On the Partitioning screen, have a before and after. Especially
9 > helpful
10 > > when the user is loading a previously created profile. (No "after"
11 > > until changes have been made, aka it appears once there have been
12 > changes)
13 >
14 > Huh?
17 > The After screen will indicate what setup is going to do, the before
18 > screen indicates what was there before. It gives users a better
19 > indication on what will be done. If they load a previously created
20 > setup file, it is not obvious if the creator of the setup file included
21 > partitioning information or if they have to set it up themselves.
22
23 I personally will not code it, and I'm the guy that does the partitioning stuff.
24 Patches are welcome ;)
25
26 > > On the make.conf screen is there away to negate something, aka -kde?
27 >
28 > Unchecking it effectively negates it.
31 > Replace negate with some word that has a stronger negative connotation.
34 > > Also a load make.conf button might be helpful at least for people who
35 > > already have a make.conf file.
36 >
37 > And where would this make.conf file be if they're booted from a
38 > livecd and don't
39 > have anything mounted by default?
42 > I'm assuming at least a little linux knowledge, didn't know the
43 > installer was designed for noobs. :) /sarcasm
44 > Could get it through one of the many communication applications included
45 > (ex. Firefox). How would you expect them to get the install profile there?
46
47 People who are using other people's install profiles should know what they're
48 doing enough to copy settings from an existing make.conf by hand. While it
49 wouldn't take much to code it, it'll be a rarely used feature.
52 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
53 Gentoo Linux Developer Installer Project
54 --
55 gentoo-installer@g.o mailing list