From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] Some clarifications and a plea
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 22:43:09
On Tuesday 03 February 2004 23:24, Eric Sammer wrote:
> I promise you'll be able to... > > - define your own custom steps > - use your own special commands in custom steps and default steps > - write your own special arch templates (see previous item) > - write profiles by hand without using any user interface other than vi > (emacs won't be compatible, mind you) > - load and save profiles for later use > - run commands atomically OR after each step > - do whatever voodoo you want to do by hand between steps > > As much as I hate to say it (again), this is all covered in the docs > that were written, as well as the two diagrams. So, that URL again is: > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/releng/installer/
I think it satisfies my concerns. Maybe the words backend and frontend could be avoided. That these would be just components was not clear from the document when I read it. The class diagrams provide a "crude" model that does not define how things are implemented. Paul -- Paul de Vrieze Gentoo Developer Mail: pauldv@g.o Homepage: http://www.devrieze.net