From: Mike Rosset <schizoid29@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-installer] Catalyst spec files, and voice on #gentoo-installer
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 00:13:28
1 Hello:
2
3 I have some quick questions in regards to gentoo-installer that were not
4 coverd in the FAQ.
5
6 1) I'm assuming you guys are using catalyst to create the gentoo-installer
7 livecd? if so I have a project I'm working on that requires slight mods to
8 the livecd. Are the spec files used readily available? (I'm hoping its not
9 highly customized with scripts etc.) . Basicallly I need to replicate the
10 gentoo-installer livecd but I'd like to add the odd package etc.
11
12 2) Support and helping out, I noticed testers are needed for the livecd. So
13 I can test out x86 and x86_64 and give feed back. But I've noticed that the
14 mirrors are not really update to date with the latest snapshot. If there is
15 documentation for where to find the latest, please point me in that
16 direction, or its quit possible I can replicate the build process that
17 depends on question 1.
18
19 3) I've been idleing on #gento-installer "nick starbuck" but I've no voice.
20 I'm not sure if this is intended to direct questions to the mailing list. So
21 if I have any questions should I just use the mailing list? I'm not lazy but
22 sometimes its more pragmatic to ask the odd quick question on the project
23 channel.
24
25 Regards,
26