From: Pingveno <pingveno@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-installer] distcc LiveCD
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 05:53:01
This isn't specifically related to the Gentoo Installer project, but to
Gentoo installation in general. I was thinking that a LiveCD with distcc
would be useful for people (such as myself) that have Windows machine
that can be commandeered overnight. There are CD images with distcc out
there, but apparently some of the Gentoo patches to GCC create some
indigestion when combined with the usually Debian-based LiveCDs.

I've looked into creating a CD images through the various scripts and
documentation available through the Gentoo web site. However, I'm not
entire confident that I'd be able to create a working LiveCD that
doesn't do any erasing. >_<

Thanks,
Pingveno

--

If kernel developers were diplomats, we'd all be nuked by now. Thank God
they're great hackers. -schmichael