From: Pingveno <pingveno@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-installer] distcc LiveCD
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 05:53:01
1 This isn't specifically related to the Gentoo Installer project, but to
2 Gentoo installation in general. I was thinking that a LiveCD with distcc
3 would be useful for people (such as myself) that have Windows machine
4 that can be commandeered overnight. There are CD images with distcc out
5 there, but apparently some of the Gentoo patches to GCC create some
6 indigestion when combined with the usually Debian-based LiveCDs.
7
8 I've looked into creating a CD images through the various scripts and
9 documentation available through the Gentoo web site. However, I'm not
10 entire confident that I'd be able to create a working LiveCD that
11 doesn't do any erasing. >_<
12
13 Thanks,
14 Pingveno
18 If kernel developers were diplomats, we'd all be nuked by now. Thank God
19 they're great hackers. -schmichael
20 --
21 gentoo-installer@g.o mailing list