From: Eric Sammer <esammer@g.o>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] New class diagram and use case
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 18:05:26
Paul de Vrieze wrote:
> On Tuesday 03 February 2004 04:37, Eric Sammer wrote:
>
> Just remember to use a progressive xml parsing strategy like SAX (forget > DOM) so at least you can do things as pause. In this case you just do > things as you find them in the xml file. If the file/pipe blocks you > have a pause, else you continue, all for free.
I almost always use sax because of the memory footprint size compared to DOM. That said, the XML parsing would have nothing to do with pausing. The profile would be parsed to an object if we're loading one and as the user goes through the process, instance variables would be filled in in the GLIInstallProfile object. Once it was done, a call to serialize() will build and write the XML. So, they are 100% separate and one would never effect the other. -- Eric Sammer Gentoo Linux http://www.gentoo.org