From: Elijah Goh <gohylse@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] installer/ releng coordination
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 14:55:58
1 So what area needs help and/or is not covered at the moment?
2
3 Kurt Lieber wrote:
4
5 >On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 at 04:37:25PM +0100 or thereabouts, George Prowse wrote:
8 >>Wouldn't it reduce the time of the project if we at least had a look at
9 >>the installer? I've had a look and installed with it a while ago out of
10 >>curiosity and although its not ideal its certainly a work in progress.
11 >>Just bin the RPM base. lol
15 >We've already been through this a few months ago and we elected not to.
16 >Corey's already outlined some of the reasons why. Basically, it's trying
17 >to fit a square peg into a round hole.
18 >
19 >There is real code written for our current installer. Have you looked at
20 >that? My feeling is you haven't. Constructive criticism is good, but you
21 >should at least know what it is that you're criticizing.
22 >
23 >Also, there's nothing preventing you or anyone else from taking up this
24 >project on their own and running with it. If you're of the belief that
25 >basing an installer off of anaconda is the best solution, then by all means
26 >-- go for it. By the same token, I hope you understand if we continue to
27 >pursue the path we've already selected. You're welcome to help out with
28 >that project if you decide not to pursue your own.
29 >
30 >--kurt
35 gentoo-installer@g.o mailing list