From: Ladislav Laska <ladislav.laska@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] Collision in 2006.0 GTK+ installer..
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 13:07:34
1 Maybe pre-calculate dependecies and fix errors?...User-selected
2 packages should be preffered.
3
4 Or just make postfix default MTA
5
6 On 5/24/06, Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o> wrote:
7 > Sieb, Glenn E (Glenn) wrote:
8 > > Greetings!
9 > >
10 > > If, using the GUI installer, you check Postfix as an optional package to install (I haven't tried other MTAs yet), ssmtp is _still_ installed and then collides with Postfix, causing the install to "fail."
11 > >
12 > > T'is a minor thing, as it's just as easy once the install is done to unmerge ssmtp and emerge postfix, I but thought someone should be made aware about the gotcha.
13 >
14 > It's a known issue with a known cause. We just haven't figured out a good
15 > solution, yet.
16 >
17 > --
18 > Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
19 > Gentoo Linux Developer Installer Project
20 > --
21 > gentoo-installer@g.o mailing list
27 Regards Ladislav Laska
28 S pozdravem Ladislav Laska