From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] Some suggestings....
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2006 00:58:08
1 Bryan Quigley wrote:
2 > On the Partitioning screen, have a before and after. Especially helpful
3 > when the user is loading a previously created profile. (No "after"
4 > until changes have been made, aka it appears once there have been changes)
5
6 Huh?
7
8 > On the make.conf screen is there away to negate something, aka -kde?
9
10 Unchecking it effectively negates it.
11
12 > Also a load make.conf button might be helpful at least for people who
13 > already have a make.conf file.
14
15 And where would this make.conf file be if they're booted from a livecd and don't
16 have anything mounted by default?
17
18 > I have skipped the hostname/domain name tab several times when
19 > installing. I don't think have two tabs under Networking is the best
20 > way. Perhaps put the hostname / domain name fields above the device list?
21
22 This probably won't happen. Eventually, there will end up being more options on
23 the second tab, so it can't really be eliminated.
24
25 > Add option "none" to system logger.
26
27 Nope. The install guide doesn't say that a logger is optional, so that option
28 will not be in the GTK frontend. While I know that it isn't necessary, we're
29 trying to stick to the install guide as much as possible. Although, it may be
30 supported in the backend.
31
32 > These are just suggestions :). Keep up the good work! Thanks.
33 > -gQuigs
39 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
40 Gentoo Linux Developer Installer Project
41 --
42 gentoo-installer@g.o mailing list