From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] Some suggestings....
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2006 00:58:08
Bryan Quigley wrote:
> On the Partitioning screen, have a before and after. Especially helpful > when the user is loading a previously created profile. (No "after" > until changes have been made, aka it appears once there have been changes)
Huh?
> On the make.conf screen is there away to negate something, aka -kde?
Unchecking it effectively negates it.
> Also a load make.conf button might be helpful at least for people who > already have a make.conf file.
And where would this make.conf file be if they're booted from a livecd and don't have anything mounted by default?
> I have skipped the hostname/domain name tab several times when > installing. I don't think have two tabs under Networking is the best > way. Perhaps put the hostname / domain name fields above the device list?
This probably won't happen. Eventually, there will end up being more options on the second tab, so it can't really be eliminated.
> Add option "none" to system logger.
Nope. The install guide doesn't say that a logger is optional, so that option will not be in the GTK frontend. While I know that it isn't necessary, we're trying to stick to the install guide as much as possible. Although, it may be supported in the backend.
-- Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/ Gentoo Linux Developer Installer Project -- gentoo-installer@g.o mailing list