From: Nathaniel McCallum <npmccallum@g.o>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] installer/ releng coordination
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 15:13:15
1 On Wed, 2004-06-09 at 11:05, Scott Myron wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA1
4 >
5 > At the moment, the partitioning scheme needs some help. I don't know our
6 > current status, but last I knew we weren't quite sure how this was going
7 > to be accomplished (and hopefully done in a portable way...).
8
9 I was working on a python module (a set of like 12 classes or so, so not
10 small) that would handle all arches seamlessly no matter what
11 partitioning tool was require. That however, was going to take a
12 while. During my finals week we decided to make a quick hack that would
13 only support x86 with the parted modules from redhat (in portage).
14 However, I then started my job and have not really had any time to work
15 on it. I hope to get back to it, but if anyone wants to work on it now,
16 feel free (with esammer's permission of course ;) ).
17
18 Nathaniel