From: Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] summary of IRC conversation
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 22:37:35
On Thursday 29 January 2004 22:11, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
> On Thursday 29 January 2004 18:51, Kurt Lieber wrote: > > So, thoughts? > > I think we must focus on what kind of installer we are going to work. Do we > want an installer that can be used for automated installs (in which this > would be a great idea), or do we want an interactive installer for single > installs (where splitscreen console access is valueable). Or do we want > both? > > If we want both, how are we going to integrate that. Can the backend > perform partial scripts? Further how would it integrate with generic gentoo > confiration tools?
Can the BE support pausing after every step if the FE requests it? Would that be enough to allow an interactive process? The FE can provide a console between steps if it wants. BTW the status updates the BE emits include (if requested) the output of the commands it runs (esp. compiles), right? -- Dan Armak Gentoo Linux developer (KDE) Matan, Israel Public GPG key: http://dev.gentoo.org/~danarmak/danarmak-gpg-public.key Fingerprint: DD70 DBF9 E3D4 6CB9 2FDD 0069 508D 9143 8D5F 8951