From: "Norman Rieß" <norman@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-installer@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-installer] version 0.3 of the Gentoo Linux Installer
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 15:36:17
But see it with the eyes of a random Gentoo beginner.
You come to the "USE Flags" screen seeing some settings. You think "That
are surely some nice settings. Otherwise they wouldn´t be set as default".
But then you choose KDE. Now you have a KDE system with "+gnome -kde" as
USE Flags.

The installer should build a USE-flag suggestion out of the previous user
input.
You didn´t select samba to be installed, so the "samba" USE-Flag isn´t set
by default.
You have no xorg selected, so why suggests the installer "X" as USE-flag.
This is simply not right!

You could say. "These users should know what flags to set".
And some will, no doubt. But many people will say "Uhh. They have an
installer now. Let´s try Gentoo". (It allready started, look at some
tech-forums ;-))
And some of these people will install a system with simply wrong USE-flags.